Qasr Al Hosn - History, Culture and Heritage
Supplied by: Qasr Al Hosn
Uncover the historic and enticing stories about the oldest structure in Abu Dhabi. You'll get to enjoy a full and inspiring look into the Emirati culture, traditions and history.
- Get 10% discount in retail with this voucher
- Enjoy priority access and head directly into Qasr Al Hosn to witness Abu Dhabi’s rich story
- Discover the ancestral home of the al Nahyan and the symbolic heart of Abu Dhabi as you explore the Inner Fort and Outer Palace
- Learn more about how Abu Dhabi progressed from a traditional pearling settlement to a modern and global metropolis
- Stumble upon the heritage of craft at the House of Artisans which preserves the intangible legacy of United Arab Emirates
- Fast Track Entry to Qasr Al Hosn
- Complimentary Admission to House of Artisans, Cultural Foundation, and landscape
- 2 parking lots are provided on site, one next to House of Artisans- on Zayed 1st street and the other would be opposite to Marks and spencer closer to Cultural foundation
- Hotel Transfers
Located in downtown Abu Dhabi, Al Hosn is the original urban block of the city, a witness to the evolution of the city from a traditional pearling settlement to a modern global metropolis. Al Hosn comprises major elements: Qasr Al Hosn, Cultural Foundation, National Consultative Council, House of Artisans, Bait Al Gahwa Initiative, Water Feature and F&B.
Incorporating the oldest structure in Abu Dhabi, Qasr Al Hosn is the narrator of Abu Dhabi’s past, telling stories of diplomacy, history and Emirati traditions, as well as those of the men and women who lived in the ruler’s palace. The National Consultative Council building stands as a symbol of the federalization and unity of the UAE, while House of Artisans serves to promote and preserve the tangible and intangible heritage of the UAE. Cultural Foundation represents one of the early achievements of the young nation-state – its first cultural centre, which would go on to become the home of cultural and social life in modern Abu Dhabi.
Know before you go
Kids below 18 years have complimentary access, however they still require a ticket, please note that kids tickets will be issued on site in Qasr Al Hosn.
Vaccinated guests are welcome, by showing the green pass on Al Hosn app, or the vaccine certificate with a negative PCR test result taken within 30 days from the visit day.
Please note that all visitors aged 16 and above must present their Al Hosn App when entering the venue. The application must show ‘Green Status’. Please have this ready when you enter.
At the entrance, the security team will measure your temperature using a handheld digital Infrared body thermometer.
The security guard will also check that all visitors are wearing masks and will observe their general health for any flu symptoms.
A logbook will be kept at the fort’s orientation room to record the temperature and ages of all those who enter.
Once inside, you will be guided by Visitor Services Team to the orientation room to receive information and be made aware of the site’s offerings.
In the event that the site has reached full capacity, you will be invited to wait in the House of Artisans reception space or encouraged to visit the Cultural Foundation exhibitions.
Signage are placed across the site, reminding visitors of the precautionary guidelines.
Hand sanitizer will be available at all ticketing counters. Water and hand-held fans are provided upon request.